Monday, February 14, 2022

We All Love You. You Are Amazing.


BACK ONCE AGAIN FOR THE RENEGADE MASTER, DEE FOR DAMAGER, POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

BACK ONCE AGAIN FOR THE RENEGADE MASTER, DEE FOR DAMAGE WITH THE BAD BEHAVIOUR!!!

They don't write them like that anymore, ladies and gentlemen. That, of course, is Renegade Master by Wildchild. And when I think about that song, it gets me thinking about dance music in general. Generals are people in the army, and a General, for all intents and purposes, is a Controller of an army, isn't he or she? I sometimes wonder if there'll ever be a controller of Space...or maybe there is already a Space Controller in another Dimension that we don't know about yet...


...what I like about Space Dimension Controller is his commitment to the stage name. Not only does he call himself Space Dimension Controller, but he makes futuristic dance music that sounds like it was made in the future and he gives them spacey names like Space Grunt - my favourite track off this release...hang on a minute; it was my favourite song, but I've just had a listen to Tiraquon Acid. What a fun tune! It sounds like it should be the theme for an early level of a Fester's Quest remake on the PS5, you know when you're still learning what the different buttons do and it's easy enough to kill the baddies. It's a lorra, lorra fun (the music, not the game).

The whole of this album is very good. Every track on it has all the dance music elements you need to get you dancing. You've got your percussion, your basslines, your synths, your sound effects, the lot. It's all jumbled in together, and the way Space Dimension Controller arranges it is simply breathtaking. It really does make you sit up, stand up and eventually dance. No, it makes you immediately dance.


I caught up with Space Dimension Controller in my favourite booth at the Eastcote Wimpy to quiz him on this crazy new album. I paid for a slap-up meal for two and we talked shop like two old generals, or controllers, from Mikrosector-50 discussing which space war they enjoyed the most, and in which dimension. Sorry...

"Space Dimension Controller, what was your idea for Tiraquon Recordings and the Vol.1 compilation?"

"My idea for Tiraquon Recordings and the Vol.1 compilation was to release non-conceptual dance floor focused music that have a higher energy and BPM than the usual Space Dimension Controller sound that many have come to expect. By drip-feeding the singles, I wanted to build towards a full vinyl compilation at the end with some new tracks as a bonus. We delayed the release as I wanted to make sure the tracks are able to be experienced the way they were supposed to be, in clubs and at festivals."

"Thanks."

Tiraquon Recordings Vol.1 by Space Dimension Controller comes out on Friday 25 March 2022, and you will be able to buy it from his website or Bandcamp or something.

SDC websitetiraquon6.net
Follow Space Dimension Controller on Twitter@tiraquon



Ooh. I almost forgot, it's St. Valentine's Day today! Happy Valentine's Day, readers, I hope you're all having a romantic one. The guys at Best Promos treated me this year to a 400 piece jigsaw of one of my favourite babes, Dani Behr, to get me in the mood for writing about love and dance music, but I'm struggling for inspiration, to be honest - or maybe I'm just too distracted by Dani Behr's corners!

I'd highly recommend a Dani Behr 400 piece jigsaw, it's only about £30, and all. Bargain! 10/10

Buy a Dani Behr jigsaw here: RED HOT XXX CELEBRITY JIGSAWS
Follow Dani Behr on Twitter: @BehrDani


I broke my wrist a few weeks ago, so it's quite difficult typing with one hand. I'm right-handed, and it was my right wrist that broke...in two places. I deserve a medal for keeping this blog going without my dominant hand for the best part of a month. Will I get one, though? Of course not. I should cut myself some slack and take my foot off the pedal a bit, I'm tired. I'm going to cheat now and copy and paste an entire PR email. Chortle!


INNATE PROMO

Cat No: INNATE005
Artist: Mark Hand & Neil Iceton
Title: A Holiday In Beta Centauri
Label: Innate
Release Date: 4th March 2022

Way back in the 1990s, Mark Hand, Neil Iceton and Jez Nicholl founded the Teesside branch of the Underground Resistance fan club, channelling their love of sci-fi-fired Motor City techno into a string of inspired releases under the Cubic Space Collective alias.

Sadly, the UR fan club didn’t last – it was disbanded in 2007 after their fax machine broke – but Hand, Iceton and Nicholl did reunite for a memorable machine jam at Freerotation in 2016. Fired-up by the experience, the Hand & Iceton headed back into the studio and recorded ‘Holiday in Beta Centauri’, a musical love letter to Mad Mike and the rest of Detroit’s most militant futurist techno crew.

The four tracks on show were all recorded by Hand & Iceton – possibly while wearing balaclavas in tribute to UR – during a sole studio session. They first send us surging skywards via ‘Binary System’, where lilting lead lines, fizzing electronics and enveloping chords dance atop a snappy, cymbal-heavy drum machine rhythm, before ‘Arps in Hyperspace’ sees them step things up a notch via layered sci-fi synths, sparkling melodies and a driving, hyper-speed groove.

After entering the orbit of a distant planet, the North-East-based twosome attempt to warm us to the core via ‘Rigil’, where restless organ stabs, undulating Michigan bass, alien electronics, psychedelic acid lines and Galaxy 2 Galaxy style chords catch the ear. Before bringing us gently back down to earth, Hand and Iceton complete their deep space mission with ‘Beyond The Nebula (Holiday in Beta Centauri)’, a bustling electro number full of stabbing analogue bass, star-burst electronics, meditative ambient chords and shimmering, night-sky melodies.

Full to bursting with far-sighted sci-fi sounds, punchy TR-909 drums, bustling bass and intergalactic electronics, Holiday in Beta Centauri is a fine return to action for Teesside’s UR-loving techno twosome. 3,167 miles away in Detroit, their achievement will be noted. After all, it looks like this local branch of the Underground Resistance Appreciation Society is back in business.


I'm glad I didn't have to write all of that. What a mouthful! It's a very nice EP, though (this is Best Promos talking now, by the way), and in many ways it's a bit like the Space Dimension Controller one. They are both quite spacey and futuristic, and you can tell that Mark Hand and Neil Iceton are Underground Resistance's biggest mega fans. I've got Beyond The Nebula (Holiday in Beta Centauri) on as I'm writing this, and if I close my eyes I can see a topless Mike Banks standing on stage holding a pair of traffic cones over his nipples, asking me if I want a lap-dance.

I've just licked my lips and nodded.

Mmm. I've just given A Holiday In Beta Centauri a score of 10/10 and put a £2 coin in the tin.

Pre-order it hereA Holiday In Beta Centauri
Follow Mark Hand on Twitter (I can't find Neil): @MarkHandSound

I'll leave you with a few fun Valentine's Day facts:


The first Valentine was sent in the 15th Century!!

I'm not sure who by, though, or to whom/who.


Chris de Burgh has been married a WHOPPING seven times!!

His first wife was the original lady in red. I'm not sure who his second one was. His third wife was Dani Behr. Not sure who his forth, fifth or sixth ones were, but my dad just told me that his seventh wife is Bianca Gascoigne.


Valentine's Day is celebrated differently around the world!!

In some countries and cultures, they celebrate it differently than how we do here.

See you next time, bye bye.

Email me: bestpromos4eva@gmail.com
Tweet me: @BestPromos4Eva






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...