Thursday, June 15, 2023

Scooby


I love t-shirts.

Last night, I cashed in all of my Bitcoins, all of my ETH, took out a loan at the local building society, dipped into my pension pot and re-mortgaged the house.

Why?

Well, Magic Castles are releasing their new Dresden t-shirt today, I r-r-r-r-really want it, and it costs £50.00 (fifty pounds).

Yes, you can buy about ten Fruit of the Loom t-shirts for that much money, but will a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt tell everyone on your council estate that you've got a cool, alternative taste in music and an ear to the underground culture floor? Of course not. If you wear a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt; yes, you'll have more money to spend on essentials, but you won't look anywhere near as trendy to strangers and disinterested family members. On balance, I'd say fifty pounds for this is well worth the wonga:


The brand new Dresden t-shirt is 100% cotton and they've pre-washed it for you so that it doesn't look like it cost fifty pounds. Ivan Smagghe always wears it when he's DJing and I'll soon be strutting around the Ruislip Manor Wetherspoon's in one.

The Dresden - Call to Rise t-shirt by Magic Castles is released at 12pm TODAY on their website and it gets an EXPENSIVE 10/10 from us all here!

Click on this at 12pm today, have all of your credit cards at the ready: DRESDEN - CALL TO RISE
Follow Magic Castles on Instagram
Follow DRESDEN on Instagram

I hope that didn't come across as sarcastic. I love Ivan Smagghe, DRESDEN are ace and Magic Castles make fun t-shirts.


Last month, Paul "Scooby" Scubington aka Scuba was generous enough, for some reason, to send me some green vinyl, some black vinyl, some stickers and a lighter which I do very much appreciate from the bottom of my grateful heart. Grovel grovel. In a previous life I wrote a disastrous - and quite pointless - daily blog for Hotflush which, whilst doing nothing at all for the advancement of the label, gave me a huge sense of self esteem, and I cannot thank Scuba and everyone at Hotflush enough for the experience. Creep creep. Having an association with a record label such as Hotflush and, by extension, with a ground-breaking artist such as Scuba provided me with a great deal of happiness and pride. Cringe cringe.

Last week, Scuba released a couple of tunes off of that green vinyl (only) release digitally, so even the saddos who don't own a record player could bask in his breath-taking brilliance. Crawl crawl. Have a listen to Zap! and tell me that you're not now in love with Scuba:


It's totes amaze-balls, isn't it? (I love that phrase) My favourite bit in Zap! is when Scuba starts rapping after inhaling the helium from a birthday balloon. I can't tell what he's rapping about, but I'm sure he's carrying a deep meaning that would make us all think and change if we could tell what he's going on about.

I love it. Zap! gets a HOT(flush) 10/10 from everyone here at Best Promos!!! Well done, Scuba, you beautiful, beautiful, kind-hearted soul. Never change. Bow. Scrape.

Follow Scuba on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Hotflush on Twitter and on Instagram

"Ooh, you're hard"

I was going to do a review on the upcoming Third Culture EP, U Move, but I haven't got the energy for it after all of that toadying up at Scuba. U Move doesn't come out until 30 June, so I'll do a proper review nearer the time. It's good, though. I promise. Check out the rest of the stuff on Lone Romantic until then:




To be honest, I only wrote this post today because I had that email from Magic Castles and I liked the idea of saying something about how silly it is to pay fifty pounds for a t-shirt.

No. Or maybe it's not silly at all? Maybe it's ok to be silly? Just because I wouldn't pay fifty pounds for a 100% cotton t-shirt (I'd want some silk in it for that price), it doesn't mean that I should write about it in a passive aggressive, snarky way, especially when it's a good looking t-shirt advertising the work of a genuinely beloved artist of mine and his moustachioed mate. I feel bad now. I should have just kept my trap shut. Buy it if you want to.

Live and let live from now on, guys. It's your money, you do what you want with it. You don't take it with you! It is a good t-shirt.

Live and let live. Get the bloody t-shirt, go on!!!

Maybe I should delete the t-shirt stuff? No, I'll keep it in. Stuff it.

Have a nice weekend, all.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...