Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Stan Boardman - Fokker Joke (M.A.N.D.Y. Remix)


WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SUMMER HOLIDAY, NO MORE BLOGGING FOR A WEEK OR TWO. FUN AND LAUGHTER ON OUR...SUMMER HOLIDAY, LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAA LAAA LAA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

WE'RE GOING WHERE THE SUN IS SHINING, WE'RE GOING WHERE THE WEATHER IS BLUE. WE'VE SEEN IT IN THE MOVIES, AND NOW WE'RE NAH NAH NAAAAAHHHHH!

WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SUMMER HOLIDAY, NO MORE BLOGGING FOR A WEEK OR TWO. FUN AND LAUGHTER ON OUR...SUMMER HOLIDAY, I'LL MAKE YOUR DREAM COME TRUE LA LA, I'LL MAKE YOUR DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

Come on!

Hola! I've taken the team at Best Promos off on a week's jolly to a place called Spain. Hola! They deserve it. Hola! Almost forty posts in just eight months. Wow. I'm not being funny, but I never expected we'd get this far. Ch-check out the digits...hola!

202 x Twitter followers - BOSH

A mind-bloggling 81 x followers on Instagram - KABOOM

Each and every post very almost reaching triple viewing figures - BOYAKASHA

Actual insanity.

I feel a bit like Kanye West when he's on that song on one of his early albums, talking about how he's made it with Jay-Z. It's a nice track, actually. Nice music.

This one:


Anyone who thinks that this blog is under-performing or not as good as the editor thinks it is, is now sorely mistaken and sorry.

So, I'll keep this one brief because I'm in the middle of another sangria sesh with Pottsy. Today's post is all about keeping the hype alive and dishing massive shouts out and virtual fist bumps and handshakes to artists I've already reviewed this year. Just because I've stopped talking about these releases on Best Promos, doesn't mean that they're now not worth listening to or buying. Please don't think that. Por favour.

It also means that I can just copy and paste a load of stuff from previous posts. Think of this as a Best Of filler episode.

Hey. Do you remember when I plugged THIS???


Back in July, we gave the new Juan Power EP, Ramon's Revenge, a GINORMOUS 10/10 !!!

If you ask me, that initial buzz hasn't worn off. I don't think it EVER will! If I had a gun to my head today, I'd still say 10/10 !!!

Buy it hereJUAN POWER
Follow Man Power on Twitter@Man_Power_Music
Follow Man Power on Instagram/manpowermusic/
Follow The Juan MacLean on Instagram/thejuanmaclean/

If you thought THAT was great, how about remembering when I reported on THIS one in May?!


Guess what...it's STILL 10/10 good!

Buy it hereMonsters EP
Follow Man 2.0 here@manmachine201
Follow Sound Du Jour on Instagram@sounddujour
Follow Man 2.0 on Instagram@man2pointzero

I only reviewed this next one last week, but I'm trying really hard this year to shamelessly ingratiate myself into The Social crowd. It worked a few years back with the Ransom Note and Perc Trax lot, so there's no reason why I can't creep and smarm my way into the background on everything The Social does from 2022 on, but do you remember when I favourably reviewed THIS ONE?!


Still 10/10 ?? Not half!

Buy itNight Dad
Follow Galaxy Brain on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow DJ Pete Fowler on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow The Social on Twitter and on Instagram


I'm always plugging Robotek Reagan's music on here, and I always will.

Why?

Well, he's a really nice person, he's American, and his music is r-r-r-r-really g-g-g-g-g-good.


Ya feel me?

Everything he does is a 10/10

Do ya feel me?

Buy and listen to all his stuff hereROBOTEK REAGAN
Follow Robotek Reagan on Twitter: @robotek_reagan
Follow Robotek Reagan on Instagram: /robotek_reagan/

You must be CONTROLLED (Controller) by a SPACE man in another DIMENSION if you don't remember me reviewing THIS ONE by the very dear friend of the loudest man in dance, Mike "Fox" Boorman! LOL


Mike Boorman's voice is so loud, I can hear him all the way in Ibiza telling The Secret DJ at Pikes that he thinks this Space Dimension Controller release is still a 10/10, and who are we to disagree? Still a 10/10 !!!

SDC websitetiraquon6.net
Follow Space Dimension Controller on Twitter@tiraquon
Follow him on Instagram and all

Speaking of Ransom Note people and people I get on with on social media, who can forget the time I reviewed THIS in June?!


Such a great EP, and such great people who made it. Well, I can only speak for JBS. He's a great bloke because he took me to see Bob Mortimer once. I can't say for certain if Ambient Babestation Meltdown would do the same. Saying that, if she's knocking about with JBS and making tunes with him, she must be alright. He's a very judge good of character, I mean, judge good of, oh sorry, can't get my words out! He's. A. Very. Good. Judge. Of. Character.

And a bloody, thoroughly, jolly, nice bloke. They're both great, actually, and this EP is still worthy of a great 10/10 !!!

Buy itWho Goes There EP
Ask around east London for the cassette version: if you know people, you know people
Follow Ambient Babestation Meltdown on Twitter@RachaelWilliams
Follow Ambient Babestation Meltdown on Instagram/rachaelshevaunwilliams/

Speaking of The Secret DJ (I was before), that book review I did in February was really good, wasn't it?! Do you remember it???


Unbelievably, The Secret DJ still writes books as good as he mixes records, and this book still gets a page-turning, eye-ball popping, sweaty armpit scratching, glow-in-the-dark neon papier-mâché face-mask adorning 10/10 on here!

And he's done a nice, summery remix, look:


Nice.

Buy Tales From The Booth on Velocity Press hereTales From The Booth
Follow The Secret DJ on Twitter here@SecretDJBook
Like The Secret DJ in the Metaversefacebook.com/secretdjbook
Follow The Secret DJ on Instagram

Who else shall I brown nose? One more. I'm feeling thirsty.

Oh my God, though, it's like proper?! Can you even REMEMBER the time I reviewed THIS ONE in May??? I'm not even lying when I say that was mad savage?! Amirite?! It just hits different, you feel me?! Pure goals.


Carlton Doom (real name, Carl Doom) is well fit, and TBH this EP is still bussin' in mid-August. I ain't even being cringe.

10/10 ? Yeah man.

Pre-order it hereDown In Red Light EP
Follow Carlton Doom on Twitter@CarltonDoom
Follow Carl Doom on Instagram
Follow Hypercolour on Twitter@hypercolour
Follow Hypercolour on Instgram

Ahh, that was nice. A trip down memory lane. There are so many more memories to make with Best Promos, though. Let's make them together. Please don't forget to spread me all across your social media channels like strawberry jam on toast. You know I'd do the same for you.

If you're an unsigned act, DJ, producer, whatever, who wants a nice write up on a very niche blog, get in touch and I'll push you to the limit. Stick me on your promo lists (email below).

If you like the blog and fancy a beer some time, get in touch. Best Promos is based in London, and I'll gladly get you a pint in. Let's get this Best Promos community thriving in the inner-city, like what it is out here in Eastcote and Ruislip.

Hmm. I'm sounding a bit tragic and needy now. Like Fergie in The Windsors. Stuff it. I don't care.

KEEP DANCE NICE

Hasta luego amigas y amigos.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...