Monday, March 11, 2024

Studio Shine

It's quite a stretch for me to call myself a blogger these days, I mean, Managing Director of a successful online dance and culture magazine. I hardly find the time and energy to Tweet anymore, let alone pen a fantastic 1000-words essay on the state of some promos I've received in my inbox. Sometimes, I'll post a picture on Instagram that Man Power and a bloke in America called @notvnotv will like, and I think to myself, "back in the game", in a Paddy McGuinness voice. Do you know what I mean?

But I'm not back in the game, am I, ladies and gentlemen?

Or am I?

What is the game?

No. I am back in the game. I have to stop doubting myself.

I am a good creative writer. I might not have got any GSCEs above a grade C or a university education to back that up, but I am a good creative writer, and this post is proving it to the max.

Actually, I did go to university once, for a whole seven or eight months. In the mid-00s, I thought I was better than what I was and enrolled at Birkbeck University to study Politics and Society. LOL. I bought a long scarf to wear around my...neck, and a brown satchel to carry my heavy books around in. I started to drink mild ale and pretended that I preferred it to lager. I even pretended that I was interested in the printing press and the Reformation, but when push came to shove; I bottled the exam at the end of the first year and sat in the library feeling sorry for myself and reading Viz (which was, by then, definitely not as funny as it used to be, but funnier than it is now). I never went back to Birkbeck University and I have vowed to never think I'm middle-class ever again, or try and better myself. It's just not worth it.

Who needs GCSEs or a degree, anyway? I don't! I'm absolutely raking it in as a dance music writer...it's great!

Hmm.

Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch! Can you believe it?!

I told the old woman behind the counter at the Sue Ryder shop on Ruislip High Street that Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch, and she didn't have a clue what I was talking about, so I left in a huff - without paying for the Richard Clayderman vinyl I'd dug out of one of their crates.

I bounced down the street and poked my nose into the Granero Lounge. It's quite a fashionable looking place with mis-matched wall paper and retro paintings on the...wall, so I was quite sure that the guys in there would be interested. I ordered a flat white cup of tea and proudly announced to the bloke with the over-sized glasses, "Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch."

He stared at me with a puzzled look on his...face, and said, "excuse me?" I said, "Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch. What do you reckon to that?"

He said, "I don't know what you're talking about, sir, and there's no such thing as a flat white cup of tea."

I said, quite aggressively this time, "Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch", and I was asked to leave the Granero Lounge.

I popped across the road to the Hop and Vine; Ruislip's trendiest bar, but before I could tell them that Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch, I was, God, this is a boring bit. Sorry.

All you really need to know is that Gotshell and Jeroen Search have got a new EP out on Lady Tazz's Mind Medizin label which includes a remix by Cari Lekebusch. It's called Modulations, and it's a really good release if you like your dance music serious. It's the kind of stuff Ben Klock would play, but I doubt very much you'd hear Modulation 02 in a Soul Clap set.

I don't have to do this, but I'd like to award it a 10/10

BUY IT NOWModulations EP | Gotshell & Jeroen Search | Mind Medizin (bandcamp.com)
Follow Gotshell on Instagram
SEARCH for Jeroen Search on Instagram
Follow Mind Medizin on Instagram

Speaking of dance music, I was listening to some (dance music) last week whilst doing my proper job. It was a continuous mix by a bloke I (honestly) had a dream about last night.

Have a listen. I won't tell you what I think about it until you've listened to the whole thing, ok?

Here:

It's good, isn't it?

My favourite track on it is that Hot Mess one.

I can't remember too many details about the dream I had last night, but it was something to do with me, Man Power and an unidentified woman starting up a makeshift party at the back of my Nanny Doreen's garden, in a big, metal shed. I was shifting vinyl about the place and sorting out some cables. I had a nagging feeling like I wasn't wanted there, and that I should just go inside and have a jam sandwich with my nan instead, but I carried on regardless, in awkward silence.

And was the party a great success? I don't know, my alarm went off and I had to go and sort out the bins.

Monday is bin day in Hillingdon.

What else is going on? Well, I've been trying to reach out to Frank Bruno because I need a celebrity to host the next episode of Radio Ruislip, and I know he'd be perfect for it. Know what I mean, Harry?! LOL

Also, I'm very pleased to say that Postman Pat delivered my new ACID t-shirt from the people at I Love Acid the other day. When the sun puts his hat on again, I'll start wearing it around Eastcote and Ruislip. Until then, it's stopping on that coat hanger.

BUY ONE HEREAcid Whooosh t-shirt | I Love Acid / Balkan (bandcamp.com)

Other than that, I've been doing bugger all to do with dance music and social media, and LOADS all to do with actual real life. How it should be, really. Oh! I finished watching Gomorra season 5 last week and I remembered that there's quite a few hilarious dance music lookalikes in it, so maybe I'll get a special Gomorra Hilarious Lookalikes post up for Friday, to keep the content flowing.

If not, I'll definitely be back next week with Frank Bruno presents...Radio Ruislip.

Let the boxer...see the blogger!!!

Bye!

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/



1 comment:

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...