Monday, July 4, 2022

Making Love and Breaking Hearts

Hello.

Robotek Reagan is BACK with another 4-track EP and it's called transhuman love affair and it's on Bandcamp and I've just spent $7.77 of my left-over American money from 2008 on it and it's r-r-r-r-r-really good and and and and and and and...

...and I tried to read the PR description of it, but it looks too overwhelming. Look:


Scanning it, however, I can see reference to OnlyFans, subs, Simps, tattoos, doms, dominance, deep house and sex, so if it doesn't do the trick when you're listening to it in the bedroom department with your other half, or on your own in the toilets at work, then you are well within your rights to ask Robotek Reagan for your money back. Cashback guaranteed.

This is the sensible, serious kind of sexy music that I think, deep down, Tiga wants to be releasing. 

It's all quite introspective and moody, which is nice if you're in a bad mood and want to calm down a bit. I'm not sure if any of this EP will be played at Circo Loco, though. I reckon it'll get some air in the chill-out room at a club somewhere (I can't think of any clubs at the moment, sorry), especially the title track, transhuman love affair (æytherspace soundbath mix) because it's an ambient song with no beats. It's just a few minutes of more plinky plonky keys, droning bass and the women from that Two Full Moons & A Trout song popping up every now and again.

After many years of writing dance music reviews in one form or other, every dance music release worth it's Charlie starts off with a beat-less ambient song. I don't know why. Robotek - get in touch and tell us what's so good about ambient?

simp4u sees Robotek Reagan singing his little heart out about not wanting to wake up from a dream. We've all been there, mate. Last night I dreamt that I'd got promoted to the role of Head of Cloud Services. I had the team running like clockwork and the Head of Service for ICT was recommending me to the Director for Corporate Services to take over from him when he finally retires. I was on cloud nine and feeling fulfilled professionally. I did not want to wake up and continue my job of starting and restarting services on on-prem and cloud-based servers and looking through MECM logs for task sequence failure lines. It's a great song.

some1: like_U feat. Karina Junker sees Karina Junker (I think) singing her little heart out about someone like me whilst Robotek Reagan plays some sexy, dominant, deep and tattooed house music in the background. It's really good, and I reckon this one could get played at Circo Loco, actually. I can imagine a Mediterranean woman in a bikini and a clown wig turning one of those sirens on near the DJ booth as Tania Volcano blasts this one out.

Same goes for the fourth track, pressy (extended 'i'm peaking' mix). It's loopy and nice. Ricardo Villalobos could play this at an after-party in a club in Turkey and nobody would bat an eyelid. This song sounds like it was made in space by a space-based dance music producer. I can't understand what the singer is going on about, but it's all breathy and seductive, which, again, is probably what Tiga should be doing. Nobody wants to hear a DJ camping it up about Bugatti cars and having loads of dosh in the middle of the cost of living crisis.

So, in all, transhuman love affair by Robotek Reagan is yet another bullet in the chain gun of an already impressive arsenal of dance floor weaponry to get pulled out of the war chest of Robotek Reagan and many other DJs who have already bought into the devastating musical genius of Robotek Reagan. I think. This has to be a very solid 10/10

transhuman love affair by Robotek Reagan is OUT NOW.

Buy it heretranshuman love affair
Follow Robotek Reagan on Twitter@robotek_reagan
Follow Robotek Reagan on Instagram/robotek_reagan/

As promised in the previous post, here's that hilarious lookalike I noticed whilst watching Supergrass on the telly last week.

Ready? Ok.

Don't you find it weird, readers, that the only Bee Gee who isn't dead is the one who has also been stayin' alive during the time period that Supergrass have been alive and when they wrote and recorded all of their albums? And tell me this, have you EVER seen thin-skinned Barry Gibb and lamb-chopped Gaz Coombes in the same room together OR on the same stage???

I'm not being funny, but if they're not the same person, I'm Clive Anderson and YOU'RE the tosser, pal. LOL

Which one is the tosser, pal?

That wasn't as funny as I thought it could be. Maybe I should have put more Bee Gee's puns in.

If you've ever been to Italy, you'll know all about Asian Fake. They're one of Italy's biggest indie la...hang on, let me start again.

If you're really interested in indie music and read about it all the time and are involved in the indie scene in some capacity, and you're aware of the indie scene in Italy, you'll know all about Asian Fake. Same principles can apply to knowing who Lele Sacchi is and NTS. Well, Lele and Asian Fake have worked together as a team and have pulled in the same direction to create a new record label, Stolen Goods, and I've been lucky enough to receive a first edition MP3 zip folder of their first compilation. It's called Volume 0 and it's ramma jamma full of BANGERS the likes of Robotek Reagan could make if he took his nose out of his navel and cheered up a bit.

Ransom Note legend, Bawrut, has got a good song on there. Plastician, I mean, Plastikman, I mean, Plastica has got a mucky house tribute to the film, Jumanji, on it - which is fab - and Lele Sacchi, in my opinion, has the best one on it. It's an uplifting piano house thing with a man shouting "HEYYYY" on it every now and again. It really cheered me up after watching Kendrick Lamar the other night and I bet you any money it will get played at Watching Trees in September - probably by Ally McTropical. In the league of modern uplifting piano house tracks, I'd put it up there with Happy House by The Juan Maclean

I caught up with Lele whilst he was coming out of the toilet in the San Siro, Italy. There wasn't even a game on...

Lele. Hi. Best Promos here, do you mind if we ask you a couple of questions?

"Mama Mia. Hi. No, go ahead."

Your new compilation is great, we all love it over in England, but can you explain why you called your label with Asian Fake, Stolen Goods?

“Why Stolen Goods? Since the avant-garde era all contemporary arts are based on stealth and theft, especially in the DJ and clubbing scene: when your world is not represented, you write your own rules, you draw from it and make your own - that means dubbed illegal mixtapes, pirate radio, illegal parties, re-edits and ‘DJ only’ bootlegs....”

Thanks Lele. Au revoir!

Stolen Good Volume 0 is an ace collection of trendy, underground dance floor songs that everyone from Dalston to Hackney will appreciate. If you live in Walsall, Wolverhampton, Moseley or Kings Heath and are still wearing a fisherman hat, thick-rimmed specs and a long beard then I'm sorry, this release is not for you. See below for the score out of ten, though...

Various Artists (incl. Bawrut, Ruff Stuff, DJ Rocca, Elisa Bee, Lele Sacchi & more)
Stolen Goods - Volume 0 - 10/10

Stolen Good Volume 0 is out on Friday 8 July, but I can't find any pre-order links or preview clips. I'll retrofit them to this post as and when they're available or someone sends them to me.

Buy Lele Sacchi's stuff on BandcampLele Sacchi
Follow Stolen Goods on Instagram/stolengoodsrecords/
Buy stuff from Asian Fake: asianfake.com
Follow Lele Sacchi on Twitter
@djlelesacchi and Instagram/lelesacchi/
Follow Asian Fake on Instagram/asian_fake/


And finally, a plucky young upstart from Craggy Island, Tr One (real name, Trevor One), has got a NEW album coming out next week called From The Studio Of and it's on a NEW record label called Intrinsic Rhythm, which is intrinsically a great name for a label.

From The Studio Of kicks off with an intro track called Intro, and guess what...it's an ambient track. SEE!

The rest of the album, thankfully, is more upbeat and clubby. My favourite track on it is Minimal Nelson, but I'm not sure if that's just because I like the name.

Have a listen to the snippets and decide for yourself whether you want to buy it or not. Don't let me sway you either way. Make your own mind up.

It's good, isn't it? You should definitely buy it. Go on. You only live once. Ahh go on. Go on, now. Ahh will you go on and buy it? Go on. Ahh go on, go on, go on, go on, go on. Now will you just go on? Go on. Go on, go on, go on. Go on.

Go on. Another reason to buy From The Studio Of is this: if you run it backwards on the limited edition b-side of the white label vinyl release, you get to hear Tr One's minimal hard house edit of My Lovey Horse. LOL.

From The Studio Of
by Tr One is brilliant, and it gets a whopping great kick up the arse 10/10

Release dates: 9 July 2022 (Bandcamp) / August 2022 (Vinyl)

Pre-order it hereFrom The Studio Of
Follow Tr One on Twitter@Eddie_TrOne
Follow Tr One on Instagram/eddie_reynolds_tr_one/


I think I'm done now. From all of us here at Best Promos, we wish you a very happy Christmas and a fabulous New Year. Goodbye, everyone! Goodbye!!!

Email me on : BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/BestPromos4Eva/

Ps. I'll be signing copies of Best Promos at the Jack White gig in Hammersmith tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...