Monday, July 11, 2022

Me Soul On Fire

"Ole ole, ole ole! Ole ole, ole ole, feeling hot hot hot!" Yeah! Woo, BABY! Is it hot in the Best Promos offices today, baby, or is it hot?! Woo! Yeah. It. Is. Hot. I'm sweating like a CONTENT REMOVED BY BEST PROMOS LAWYERS. No offence, guys!

It's so hot that I think I'm going to take off all my clothes and run around the BP car park screaming at any passing peeps with a water gun to shoot me in the hair, face, body, arms, bits and legs!

No, that's the kind of thing Pottsy would do. I'm not that zany! LOL

What I am going to do, though, is stick a fan on and listen to some ice-cold dance music promos with a Magnum in my mouth. Mmm. Promos. When I'm done with them, I'm going to review them on this blog; Best Promos. Mmm. Best Promos.

Bear with me, caller.

Robotek Reagan, at the controls, yesterday

I've got another RED HOT Robotek Reagan EP in my inbox. He doesn't stop, does he? Robotek Reagan has either got no life or he's got a life, but his life is to just continually make and release spooky dance music in his Hollywood Hills mansion. On listening, anyone would think he lived in Barnsley or Wolverhampton. It's really depressing, druggy (in the heroin and ketamine sense, not the steroids or ecstasy E tablets sense) stuff he produces. If I lived in Los Angeles, I wouldn't be making the kind of moody music Robotek Reagan sicks up every week, it'd be wall-to-wall David Morales type tunes. Everyone wearing massive sunglasses and dancing with their tops off around my Beverly Hills pool, laughing and smiling and pointing their fingers in the air as I bring in another piano loop. Sangria everywhere you look, a Magnum in every mouth. Everyone patting me on the back and telling me how great I am. I'd love all that.

Maybe Robotek is not a happy person, deep down, but I really think that he should try and make a jolly, sunshine EP for us all to enjoy next, because he's obviously a very talented young man and he could have a great future ahead of him if he keeps his head down, stays polite and respectful to his elders and puts something out that will get him a b2b with The Martinez Brothers this summer. Or David Morales.

(dark side of the) TRANSHUMAN AGENDA is quite a weird and evil sounding EP, definitely not something you should be listening to in the summer, but it's very well produced, so I'm giving it a 10/10 for that. Another classic by Robotek!

I don't think there are any preview clips out yet for this, but I will share them on Best Promos when I get them. I promise. So, in lieu of anything new to share by Robotek Reagan today, have a look and a listen to this:

(dark side of the) TRANSHUMAN AGENDA by Robotek Reagan (USA) is out on my sister's birthday: Friday 29 July 2022

Keep refreshing his Bandcamp page until you're able to buy itRobotek Reagan (bandcamp)
Follow Robotek Reagan on Twitter@robotek_reagan
Follow Robotek Reagan on Instagram/robotek_reagan/

I hope he cheers up after this review and gives the fans what they want.

Up next is Just Remember by Sharda. This is more like it. This is the kind of SWELTERING track that makes you want to take your top off and cruise around the estate in a Ford Fiesta with a Magnum in your mouth and an arm hanging out the window. It's a red Fiesta and it's all geared up with top-of-the-range murky ICE in the boot, massive speakers and a sub-woofer, all controlled via the Kenwood car stereo. Pepper-pot alloys gleaming in the sun and a spoiler on the back that makes all the girls want to jump in and kiss your cheeks (all four of them) as you aggressively blare Just Remember out to all of your OAP neighbours and intimidated parents who are trying to put their kids to bed.

Oh yes, Just Remember by Sharda is a UK 2-step garage type thing that will work just as well on Kiss FM, Capital and Radio 1 as it will in a nightclub like...I don't know. I've never been to a club that plays this kind of music, but I like it a lot. I should broaden my horizons a bit, really, and go somewhere other than Secretsundaze and The Social. Not that I go clubbing much anymore. Maybe when the kids are older, I'll get back in the game.

Just Remember starts off with loads of nice high-pitch vocal samples and fast guitar licks before one of them bouncy UK 2-step garage basslines kicks in, like the one in True by Jaimeson, and it goes on for about four minutes. If any other website can describe it better than that, I'll eat my big Jamiroquai hat.

It's a r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-really good song, and it's made me so happy that I'm going to dig deep into my score bag and pull out a............10/10 !!!!!

Just Remember by Sharda is out on Wednesday 13 July 2022 on Coil Records.

Pre-order it here: djsharda/just-remember
Follow Sharda on Twitter@dj_sharda
Follow Sharda on Instagram/dj_sharda/
Follow Coil on Twitter@coilrecords
Follow Coil on Instagram/coil.records/


And finally, I travelled all the way to Taipei last week to download the latest SCORCHING release on JIN Records. I was so impressed by JIN 06 by Yetsuby in February (big respect and a massive up to Ransom Note for opening my ears to that) that I started following JIN on Bandcamp, that way I'll NEVER miss a release by them. When I saw that JIN 07 was coming out at the end of June, I hopped on the first flight to Taiwan with a Magnum in my mouth. I sat at the front and was pestering the pilot all the way there to put her foot down because I was desperate to get my hands on their new MP3! When we landed, I got off the plane and sprinted all the way to Taipei, and straight into the best record shop in the whole, wide world; White Wabbit Records. I approached the nearest shop assistant and, for some reason, shouted at him in a very broad Black Country accent.

"Woo! Mate! 'Ow bin ya? Download me the new EP by Mr. Ho on Jin...NOWWWWWWW. It's called JIN 07. Get it me now, mate."

He said something in Mandarin.

"You what, mate? I cor understand what yowm sayin'. Spake up or spake English."

He fixed me in the eyes with a friendly stare and said something again.

"I said I doe know what yam sayin', mate. Doe yow spake English? Can you get me the new JIN EP? JIN. It's a dance EP. You must have heard of it, mate."

He shook his head and looked confused, so I spoke much louder and much slower.

"MATE. DOWN. LOAD. JIN. 07. BY. MR. HO. FOR. ME. NOW. IT. LL. BE. IN. YOW. DANCE. SECTION. DOWN. LOAD. DOWN. LOAD. JIN. JIN. RECORDS. MATE."

The old man smiled, nodded his head, took the Magnum out of his mouth and spoke gently in my ear, "ahh, mate. Thank you for talking louder and slower. You mean JIN 07? For this striking 7th EP on JIN, we are lucky to have Mr. Ho back for another massive delivery. This time complete with fully versatile house music.

"YES. MATE. THAT. IS. THE. ONE. I. WANT. DOWN. LOAD. IT. FOR. ME. NOW. MATE."

The old man chuckled and nodded again, "ahh. This EP provides a whole spectrum of tools for house heads. Groovy, melodic, banging, or loopy, Mr. Ho has got them all covered, mate."

The old man scurried to the back of the shop and came back with a hand-scribed scroll with one of them candle-wax seals on it. It read:

https://jinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/jin-07

I thanked him for the link by bowing and doing the praying hand gesture and came straight back to Eastcote in Ruislip to listen to my new MP3.

It's so good that I'm going to give it a 10/10 !

JIN 07 by Mr. Ho is OUT NOW on JIN Records.

Buy it hereJIN 07 | Mr. Ho
Follow JIN on Instagram/jinrecordstaipei/
Follow Mr. Ho on Instagram/mrhodj/

Phew! What a scorcher! And I'm not talking about the weather in London today, I'm talking about this scorching post on this blog! LOL

I'll be back next week, probably, with some more trendy wendy music for you to listen to. Until then, here's a picture of an old man.


Email me on : BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/BestPromos4Eva/

"Eat Magnum ice-creams. They're really tasty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Studio Shine

It's quite a stretch for me to call myself a blogger these days, I mean, Managing Director of a successful online dance and culture maga...