Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Meet The Team

This blog has been going for about four months now, so I think it's time our readers got to meet the team. Allow me to introduce you to various members of staff in a virtual, literary, walk around.

This is Nathan 'Pottsy' Potter. He is our Head of Communications, so he runs our social media socials. Pottsy is definitely the zany guy in the office. His pranks often have us all in tears of laughter and his funny voices also have us all in tears of laughter.

Nathan 'Pottsy' Potter

Pottsy's Fun Facts:

Age: That would be telling!
Sex: Yes please!
Favourite gadget: My mobile phone. I couldn't be without it. I have all of my apps on my mobile phone and it is a great way to stay in touch with people whilst on the go.
Favourite nightclub: It has to be Heaven in central London.
Favourite DJ: It has to be the late, great Tony de Vit. My favourite living DJ, though, is Steve Bug.
Current favourite track: It would have to be Katsu by Denny & James Dexter on Steve Bug's label, Sublease Records. It's the first track from their new EP and let me tell you something now, I love it! It's the kind of music Boris Horel used to play to us at Foreign Muck at The Key. Kids...ask your grandparents!! LOL hehehehehehehehe. The rest of the EP is great, too, but I don't know whether For You or This Groove would have got played at Foreign Muck. I might be wrong, but I think they are more Tania Vulcano at Monza.


I asked Pottsy what score out of ten he would give the Katsu EP by Denny & James Dexter. He winked at me, pulled his trousers and pants down, turned around, bent over and showed me the numbers 10 and 10 scrawled on each buttock in permanent marker. He is crazy! LOL!

10/10 for Denny & James Dexter, then. It's out on Friday 13 May 2022

Pre-order it hereKatsu EP
Follow Steve Bug on Twitter@steve_bug
Follow Sublease Records on Instagram/subleasemusic/
Follow Denny on Instagram/denneymusic/
Follow James Dexter on Instagram/jamesdexterdj/

This guy here is Scott MacDonald-Berger. He's the easy going, laid back member of the team, and I'm often seen screaming at him to "wake up" and to "get a f**king grip of the situation". He heads up our People Services and Equalities division. He mainly works from home in Eastcote, but comes into our Eastcote office twice a week. Scott is a keen horticulturist, and lives in a house in Eastcote with a front and back garden.

Scott MacDonald-Berger

Scott's Fun Facts:

Age: I am 29 years old.
Sex: I am a man.
Favourite gadget: Probably my watch. It's a really useful gadget, and I use it often for telling people the time and for finding out what time it is myself.
Favourite nightclub: Probably Fabric in London, but I've also heard great things about Geo Bar in Eastcote.
Favourite DJ: Probably Frankie Knuckles, but my favourite living DJ is Steve Bug.
Current favourite track: Probably Jinx by Reset Robot on Poker Flat. It's taken from his new Tired Voice EP on the classic Poker Flat label. Poker Flat is probably my all-time favourite record label, to be honest, and Tired Voice is a worthy addition to the Poker Flat canon. I don't know too much about Reset Robot other than he's based in Portsmouth. My cousin once lived in Portsmouth and I'm a huge fan of Peter Crouch's totally hilarious football podcast, so Reset Robot is alright by me.

When I asked Scott what he'd give Reset Robot's Tired Voice EP as a score out of ten, he said he'd email me the result before the close of play. He did, and he emailed me the following text:

"I'd probably give Tired Voice by Reset Robot a 10/10"

Wow! Well done, Reset Robot and Poker Flat. Tired Voice is out now.

Buy it hereTired Voice EP
Follow Reset Robot on Instagram/resetrobot/
Follow Poker Flat on Twitter@Poker_Flat
Follow Poker Flat on Instagram/pokerflat_recordings/

Last but not least is yours truly, the owner and editor of the whole blog. This picture was taken in November last year, just after I'd taken the staff induction and team bonding course in our Eastcote HQ Fun and Recreation Hub. We were in preparation for the big January launch and spirits were high. As you can see by the smile on my face, Pottsy had just pulled his trousers down again!

We are a Rights Respecting blog, and we do have women working here, but none of them agreed to be interviewed on today's post.

BP

Editor's Fun Facts:

Age: Too old!
Sex: Male.
Favourite gadget: I love drinking lager, so I always carry a bottle opener with me. I've got a basic one attached to the main ring on my set of keys, so it's always to hand whenever I need to pull a bottle of lager out of my carrier bag and have a nice big swig of lager. I never drink the little French bottles of lager, I always go for the proper ones, or the massive Cobra bottles if there are any in stock when I rock up at my local off licence. A big up and a big shout out to Oscar's in Ruislip Manor.
Favourite nightclub: If I'm not propping up the bar at Geo Bar in Eastcote drinking lager, I'm down the front at the basement of The Social drinking lager and dancing to the beats. I can't make it this Friday, but I highly recommend you go to The Social for the Confidence Man Full Tilt night. Their new album, Tilt, is a corker and they're playing down there on Friday with Ewan Pearson, Ché Wilson and RAW SILK! If I wasn't due to start my new club night in Eastcote, No Requests, I'd be down there.

Buy tickets for Full Tilt at The SocialFull Tilt at The Social
Follow The Social on Twitter@thesocial
Follow Confidence Man on Twitter@confidencemanTM
Follow Ewan Pearson on Twitter@ewanpearson
Follow RAW SILK on Twitter@rawsilkdjs

Favourite DJ: The Guv'nor, Andrew Weatherall, but my favourite living DJ is The Secret DJ. Not only does he or she DJ around the world playing really pumping dance tunes, he or she writes best selling books AND contributes to Private Eye AND Mixmag, and probably does more things that I don't know about.
Current favourite track: Easy. Whatever edit of Tryouts For The Human Race by Sparks that Erol Alkan has been playing for ages. I think it's unreleased. I tried to make my own edit in Ableton to sound exactly the same as the one that Erol plays, but my version isn't as good. Mine was too tinny.

If not that, then Woman by Confidence Man.

Oh, what the heck, I'm going to award not only Woman, but the entire Tilt album by Confidence Man a WHOPPING 10/10 ! I'm in a good mood! :-)

Buy Tilt hereTILT
Go and see Confidence Man on tourTILT Tour Tickets
Follow The Secret DJ on Twitter@SecretDJBook
Buy The Secret DJ booksBooks by The Secret DJ

Well, it feels good to be transparent and let you readers peek behind the curtain of our little blog. I hope it has given you a useful insight into our peculiar personalities and kooky ways of working.

If any of you have a talent for writing and want an unpaid internship or want to contribute to Best Promos for nothing but the exposure, get in touch and we WILL exploit you. Money cashback guaranteed.

Bye.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me: @BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Studio Shine

It's quite a stretch for me to call myself a blogger these days, I mean, Managing Director of a successful online dance and culture maga...