Monday, May 8, 2023

Koronation Streetz II: This Time It's Personal

The other day, Saturday, I got on the tube and went to London so that I could scream obscenities at innocent tourists and red-faced "God Save The King" men in Union Jack suits with plastic bowler hats on their heads. Yes, I joined the Republic protest at Trafalgar Square!

Best Promos, looking for the protest

I didn't intend to go down, and I don't normally do that kind of thing, but when I turned the telly on that morning and saw King Charles III putting on a gold overcoat, my blood started to boil. This country is skint, and anyone who thinks that a good pick-me-up for England is seeing that dirty, jug-eared, sausage-fingered GET have a £4 billion helmet squeezed onto his head by the Archbishop of Banterbury is living in cloud-cuckoo land, or they're a deeply committed weirdo lacking in self-esteem. One or the other.

So, instead of sending loads of sarcastic memes and Tweets during the coronation on Saturday (like everyone else in dance was), I got off my bottom and had a protest in REAL LIFE with the Republic gang. On the way, I worried that they were all going to be those annoying New Age Travellers, and I'd feel a bit out of place as a trendy Wendy Eastcote hipster, but when I eventually found the yellow Republic gang, I was pleasantly surprised to find that only about 95% of them were New Age Travellers! Result.

Weirdly, not all protesters are New Age Travellers

I enjoyed protesting against the coronation of King Charles, and I'd recommend joining in to anyone with a brain/heart/soul, but it was a bit like being at a West Brom game: a lot of collective anger, loads of shouting and swearing, some funny songs about sticking things up your arse and a cold sense of downright pointlessness at the end.

I joined in the booing of the Red Arrows, whilst at the same time feeling incredibly lucky to be stood in Trafalgar Square as they flew over my head. I don't know what that says about me.

I wonder what it'll be like during the next coronation. It can't be that far away now, surely?

Hey - don't call me Shirley! LOL

Right, let's talk about dance music. It's boring, all that royal stuff, isn't it, readers?

One thing I noticed whilst writing last week's post, was that one of the blokes out of X-Press 2 looks a bit like the Irish copper on Line of Duty! Look:

That was one of our famous Hilarious Lookalikes! The team here at Best Promos are always on the lookout for more Hilarious Lookalikes, so if you think of any, please send them in so that we can pass them off as our own. Thanks.

Someone at The Spectator drew a picture of Daniel Avery that made him look a bit like The Texas Tornado, who in turn looks a bit like The Ultimate Warrior. I'm not sure if that counts as a Hilarious Lookalike, but I'll include it anyway, it's all content.

Notice that I've chosen to border the pictures of Daniel Avery and The Texas Tornado with the colours white and black. It's to symbolise life and death.

Daniel Avery is alive. The Texas Tornado is dead.

No, sorry, it's the New Statesman, not The Spectator. They look and sound the same, though, don't they?! I should do a Hilarious Lookalike on them! LOL

Pffft. Bit aimless this week, isn't it? I'll plug the new Yoshi Nori mix for Jin on Soundcloud. I've been enjoying that a lot AND it makes me sound cool.

It's a 10/10 mix. I love it, especially that Red Axes track. Other than that, I've not listened to much else, dance wise. I'm going to log off, I think.

Yes. I'm going to log off.

"God Save our gracious King"?! Yeah right!

This is Outrageous

Email me
: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...