Wednesday, September 7, 2022

TRUSS


"Pork markets!!!" LOL!!!

Liz Truss is our new Prime Minister - the most female Prime Minister we've ever had - so hopefully she'll sort England out so that we all get out of this Credit Crunch madness.

No, that's a rubbish intro. Sorry. I'll try again...

Liz Truss is the sexiest female Prime Minister we've ever had, eh fellas? Am I right?

"You're not wrong!"

Blimmin' hell. That was even worse...and a bit sexist! One more go, hang on...

Liz Truss is the new Prime Minister of England, there's no getting away from it, so to welcome her to the job I'm dedicating today's post to the country's new favourite Liz:

Truss, Liz

In my head, I've asked Liz to review this week's promos and upcoming events and, in my head, she's responded to say she'd be delighted to listen to some dance music and score them out of ten for us. As we all know, she's got the "in-tray from Hell" this week, so I'm well chuffed to have her skiving off on Best Promos!


I received an email from the self-professed "wild man of dance music PR" last week, Will Hofbauer. He said to me that I should have a listen to the new song by the self-professed "wild man of dance music", Spencer Parker. He said it's really good and that it's called Power 99 and it's on Sound As Records and it's really good and that I should definitely put it on my blog because it's really good and it came out last Friday and he thinks I should definitely listen to it.

I did listen to it and it's a right bloody racket...in a good way!


It's got a hard beat and it's fast and it samples one of them hospital life support machine beeps. For the bassline, he's used the 'draw' function in Ableton and just filled every cell in the clip, then moved some lines up and some lines down to give the sound some variety. If you hear it in a nightclub after swallowing a couple of pingers, you'll be jumping for joy when this comes on.

I heard it on my desktop speakers at medium volume and it made me jump for joy, too. I was grinning from ear to ear and I'd only had a cup of tea. I said to Pottsy on the desk opposite that Power 99 is a "slimy roller", and he agreed with a nod and a smile.

Every now and again, Spencer croons the words, "Power 99", in an American accent in an apparent homage to his favourite ice-cream; the 99.

The question is: does he have a flake?! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So, Liz. Over to you with the score.


Wow! Well done, Spencer. Can't say no fairer than that!

Power 99 by Spencer Parker is OUT NOW on Sound As Records

Buy itbeatport.com/power-99
Follow Spencer Parker on Twitter and Instagram
Follow Sound As Records on Instagram
Follow the wild man of dance music PR on Twitter and Instagram


That was a good fun fact. More of those later in the show.

Let's do another dance review now.


Wait a minute, Radio Slave has got another song out on Rekids and this time it's called Wait A Minute! It's r-r-r-r-r-r-really good. I had a listen to the promo this morning for the first time and felt embarrassed because I described it as the below last week on Twitter before I'd listened to it:
I just thought that low slung bass and dreamy vocals could apply to everything in dance music, but I was wrong. The bass on Wait A Minute isn't low slung, it's aggressive! The vocals on Wait A Minute aren't dreamy, they're shouty...and aggressive! They're sung/rapped by a bloke called Nez and I think he's rapping about wanting to get a dollar (that's American for £1) and telling us to put our hands up.

It really inspired me to rob the local building society! LOL! Only joshing, guys. Only joshing.

Wait A Minute by Radio Slave and Nez is grrrrrrrrrrilliant, and it comes FREE with a couple of Mark Broom remixes for only £4 (or £10.80 on vinyl). Both of which are smashing and different to the original. My favourite is the Non Stop Remix:



Liz, what do you reckon?


Blimey! Nice one, Radio Slave and Nez!

Wait A Minute by Radio Slave feat. Nez is OUT NOW on Rekids.

ALSO - check out Mark Broom's brilliant edits on Bandcamp. They're zero pence: Music | Mark Broom (bandcamp.com)

Follow Radio Slave on Twitter and Instagram
Follow Nez on Instagram
Follow Mark Broom on Twitter and Instagram


Hmm, not sure if I got away with that one.

I'm really looking forward to going down The Social again. I'm going next week to watch a band I watched there a couple of months ago who I'd never heard of but liked so I followed them on Instagram and VOWED to go and watch them again the next time they played at The Social which is next Wednesday which is why I'm talking about them now on here and which is why I'm going to watch them again next week.


Don't let this put you off, dance fans, but ROWSIE are a rock n roll band. I think some of them are American and some of them are English, so that's quite an exciting mix, isn't it, readers? They're like Fleetwood Mac in that respect - but better. Have a listen...


...if, like me, you think they're good, and you fancy receiving ONE FREE PINT of lager off of me on Wednesday 14 September at The Social, come and say hello to Best Promos in real life. I'll be the one wearing trainers, cords and a t-shirt.

Contact details at the bottom of this post.

ROWSIE are a good band, The Social is a good venue. Free is better than paying for things. Come down. It's free.

Hey, Liz. You've had a listen to all of the music by ROWSIE on Spotify. What would you give them out of ten?


I couldn't have said it better myself. See you all down there next week.

ROWSIE play The Social on Wednesday 14 September.

Buy all of their stuff: ROWSIE.bandcamp.com
Follow ROWSIE on Instagram
Follow The Social on Twitter and on Instagram


I was going to do a bit about Freddie Mercury shouting "Oggy Oggy Oggy..." at Live Aid rather than "Ayyyyyyyyy oh!" this week, but I can't figure out how to write about it properly.

Maybe ROWSIE should do some "Oggy Oggy Oggy" next week to get the crowd going.

Right, I think I'm done. See you next week, gang. We've scooped some some exciting and EXCLUSIVE Carlton Doom gossip to share with you next week...stay tuned for that...

Don't forget to share Best Promos around like sweets in a playground.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...