Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Blogging To DEATH

Have you ever blogged? On a good day, blogging can be one of the most exhilarating experiences of your life, like watching Sharon snag another toy boy on the Square, or like watching Phil punch another toy boy on the Square. It really gets your pulses racing, especially if you team your blog with a trendy social media account. That feeling you get when someone Likes your new post on Twitter, or Likes your new post on Instagram is intoxicating. There is no better feeling in the world. Not even a double drop of ecstasy in Club Fabric can get you as close to Heaven as a good blog post and a high social media engagement score. I swear down, dudes.

However, due to the war in Ukraine and Brexit - and despite having some trendy DJ types follow me on me socials and a couple of toadying interviews with some proper good people - viewing figures have dropped on here to terminal levels. I could carry on and debase myself in public/the Internet by tagging the world in whenever I advertise a new post in the hope that I'll somehow go viral or I could go in completely the other direction.

I could:

  • STAY ON Instagram and Twitter, but
  • REMOVE all of my posts and Tweets
  • DELETE all of my Likes (except one about Troy McClure)
  • STOP following EVERYONE - even the people I genuinely think are sound
  • GET RID of all of my followers on Instagram (I can't get rid of anyone on Twitter)
  • STAY OFF Facebook completely

I call this method Minimal Engagement Actuality Technology, or M.E.A.T. for short. As well as the steps above, we are leveraging Bing ChatGPT and semi-globalised NFTs to maximise our engagement with the dance demographic. Kickin'!

This radical re-think of Best Promos' social media landscape may be utterly brainless and counter to any reasonable standards of something or something, but by gad I'm going to try it. In fact, I've ALREADY actioned all of the above actions! LOL. I did so on the train journey back from Birmingham last weekend when I was massively hungover and promising Jesus that I was going to give up alcohol for Lent.

"Not one drop of the demon drink will not pass my lips until Easter."

"Not one account will be tagged in any future social media posts until Easter."

I do wish I hadn't removed all of my Instagram followers, though. I had a few hundred. That was a bit stupid. Oh well. Let's see how things go. It's all a bit of a laugh and a carry on anyway, isn't it, readers?! Tee hee!

DANCE MUSIC REVIEWS


Man Power (real name, Geoff Powers) has written a couple of lovely songs for Jordan Nocturne's (real name, Jordan Nocturne) record label, Nocturne, and it's been released on Nocturne this month, the other week, on a Friday. Is it good?

Hell yes it's good. Have a listen to the first song on it, called Overbite:


Now, although I enjoyed the music, I found the title (Overbite) offensive because I have an underbite. I suffer from live with jut jaw, and I didn't appreciate the assumption that Man Power is making on this record. Not everyone has an overbite. Sorry, Geoff, I just had to say that. I love you, but you know me; if I have a problem with something, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm going to have a word. I might step on a few toes here and there and break the odd sea shell, but what you get is what you see. I also don't suffer fools gladly.

The other song on this release is called Full Body Gurn, and it's an affectionate look back on the career of the Bounce By The Ounce man who, on this day in 2013, achieved the first ever full body gurn in a British nightclub. Since then, the Bounce By The Ounce man has gone from strength to strength, appearing in his very own YouTube videos where he recreates that dance, and in a calendar where he is superimposed over landmarks such as the Great Wall of China and the Statue of Liberty doing that dance.

Full Body Gurn is a r-r-r-r-r-r-really good song, and if the big, bald, boggle-eyed bastard ever gets his ears around this release, he'd appreciate the tribute - but the Bounce By The Ounce man won't hear Wallsend's Finest because the only genre of dance music he will listen to is northern UK vocal donk. Sorry, guys :'-(

We love it down here in Ruislip, though, so it gets a rollicking 10/10 from everyone here at Best Promos. Well done that Man (Power! LOL)!

BUY IT hereWallsend's Finest | Man Power
Follow Man Power on Twitter and Instagram
Follow Nocturne on Twitter and Instagram


Perc Trax. Perc. The nicest, and biggest, man in industrial dance. I once remarked that Perc's 2017 album, Bitter Music, was an album of music to drink bitter to, and everyone who heard me say that ended up dying of split sides. Well, if Bitter Music was an album to drink bitter to, Chase Scene Morality by Ghost In The Machine (out now on Perc Trax) is music to drink Carling Black Label to! It's got an almost black cover and if the music was a colour, you could only call it black!

Not in a racist way, I'm not being racist, I just mean it's really moody music.

Have a listen to this!


Out of the three tracks on this hard hitting EP, I like Come On the best.

Why, Best Promos?

Well, because it's got a "come on" vocal. I've long been an advocate of this dance music trope so I'm over the moon to see it coming back. All we need now are some rolling snare build ups and kick/cymbal crash things that get more regular as the drop comes in, do you know what I mean? Have a listen to the version of Get Up, Stand Up by Phunky Phantom on TDVs Elements CD and you'll get what I'm talking about.

The rest of this EP sounds exactly the same, in a good way (imagine a pneumatic drill being left on in a steel bin full of drawing pins), so I'm going to stick my neck out and give it a 10/10 - I don't care what Pottsy thinks!

Chase Scene Morality is great and it's OUT NOW on Perc Trax!

Follow Ghost In The Machine on Instagram
Follow Perc Trax on Twitter and Instagram


EVENT PREVIEW

I really wish I was going to this:


This is guaranteed to be a 10/10 night. No question.

Tickets are all sold out, so get yourself down to Tunnel Club in Brum early doors or keep checking out the resale thing on here: HOUSE OF GOD

And that's all for this week. I hope you've enjoyed the show. LOL. I might actually reverse-ferret and tag the people in I'm reviewing on Twitter and stuff when I post about them. I don't want to go too puritanical.

I wonder if M.E.A.T., my new way of anti-social media will work? Hmm * chin scratching emoji *

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...