Thursday, October 6, 2022

YOLO 17

I was watching that kung-fu film last night, Best Of The Best, and it reminded me that I write the best of the best blog that's about UK and International dance music and UK clubbing: Best Promos. And that reminded me that I haven't written anything this week yet because I've been too busy re-watching Best Of The Best over and over and over again! I'm mad, me! LOL!

Content is cing. No, kontent is king, so I do need to keep pushing stuff out, no matter how rubbish and rushed it might be.

So, yo. Put some respect on my name, bro, cuz this blog is absolute levels. Ya get me? Bruh.

Yes, readers, as you can tell, I've been hanging around with the youth of today, and they've been telling us at Best Promos what they want covered on the blog, and what events they want to see CARRIED OUT by us...we get it. We've listened, etc.

Later on, I'll be allowing the residents of the Whitby Dene Care Home in Ruislip to offer their thoughts and honest reviews of the latest releases by Man Power, Ritzi Lee and the new Subradeon EP on Rekids, but now it's back to the opinion of 'the kids', and they've been telling us that what they want more of is uncompromising political journalists playing uncompromising dance music at The Social, in London.

'The kids' have been telling us here at Best Promos, in no uncertain terms, that this kind of night HAS to happen at some point in the future, even if nobody will actually go to it, and a trendy group of teenage graphic designers in Hillingdon have even knocked up a flyer for the party with their high-tech internet wizardry, probably using Canva, or Inkscape.

Best Promos presents James O'Brien - MAXIMUM IMPACT (capitalisation and bold font of party name is non-negotiable) will 100% be a fantastic evening if it goes ahead. But don't thank me, thank the groundswell of support for it by YOU, the bloody kids who read this bloody blog.


Let's burst into that care home, eh, and find out what the old fogies thing about current dance music?! It's going to do their heads in, I can see it!

Joan Ball (83) has had a listen to the upcoming Man Power, Junto Club and Club Tularosa EP. It's called Blood Money Power, and I think it's good, but what did Joan think of it?

"It's really good. Ten out of ten."

Blood Money Power is out on Friday 28 October on Me Me Me.

Pre-order it hereblood-money-power
Follow Man Power on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Me Me Me on Instagram

Right. Let's go and knock on next door. I think it's Sid. Sid Boggle. Hello? Sid? Sid Boggle? Oh, he's asleep.

I rigged up a Funktion-One soundsystem in the bedroom of Sid Boggle (79) and woke him up from his afternoon nap with the new techno EP from the ace Dutch producer, Ritzi Lee. It's called Negentropy [3/3] - Epilogue, and I think it's terrific, but what does Sid make of it?

"It's really good. Ten out of ten."

Negentropy [3/3] - Epilogue is out on Friday 14 October on Mord.

Keep refreshing this until it's available to pre-ordermord (bandcamp.com)
Follow Ritzi Lee on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Mord on Twitter and on Instagram

That new Subradeon EP on Rekids is as smooth as lemon curd on crumpets, isn't it, readers? But I wonder if an old person would think the same...let's go and knock on another OAP's door and get their opinion on something only young people should listen to! LOL.



Me and Doreen Aldridge (93) had a right old giggle listening to it, ladies and gentlemen, but you can't listen to it yet because of this:

[RADIO EMBARGO] NO LISTED RADIO PLAYS BEFORE 7TH OCTOBER

So, have a listen to this instead whilst we wait for Doreen's assessment.

Pfft. Stuff the embargo, have a listen. Rock n roll:

Doreen, my love, what did you think of the Subradeon EP, From The City To The Suburbs, on Rekids, my dear?

"It's really good. Ten out of Ten."

Aww. From The City To The Suburbs by Subradeon is out on Rekids Special Projects on Friday 7 October.

Pre-order it herefrom-the-city-to-the-suburbs-ep
Follow Subradeon on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Rekids on Twitter and on Instagram

Ahh, aren't they lovely, old people? Awww.

That's my contractual obligation with myself fulfilled for this week, I'm logging off now and getting on with my REAL LIFE.

Now, where's that Best Of The Best video?! LOL!

Ta'ra, chuck.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...