Wednesday, November 9, 2022

COMIN' AT YA!


Now, I'm old enough to remember Queen Elizabeth II making Liz Truss the prime minister, but I just can't get it into my thick head that youngsters today would rather spend their time in a gym than down the pub getting paralytic or in a nightclub, dancing all night with loads of ecstasy tablets in their belly.

Studies carried out by our Best Promos researchers in Ruislip tell us that 100% of the public coming out of the Harlington Hospice charity shop on the high street would rather spend their time keeping fit in a gym than taking pills and sniffing crushed up MDMA crystals on the dancefloor of a house and techno night. It beggars belief. I hhhhhhhhate the gym.

I just don't get it...do you? Write in to Best Promos to tell us why things were more fun when YOU were younger.

Email us on: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com

or write to us at:

Best Promos
PO Box 69 (LOL)
Eastcote


I was going to do a bit about going to watch the Albion DESTROY Queens Park Rangers at the weekend, and pretending I was interviewing fans outside the ground for West Brom Fan TV about their favourite songs, and they were all going to tell me about how much they like some of the new dance music releases that have come out recently, or are available to pre-order, and they were all going to give them a score of 10/10, and it was going to be really funny and different to how all the other dance music websites and blogs review new music, but I'm not sure if I can be arsed now! LOL.

I'll tell you what, though, that new Acid Arab song is a corker! It's called Ya Mahla and it features Wael Alkak on singing duties, I mean, vocals. I can't find any preview or pre-order link anywhere yet for it. I've just got a white label MP3 in my inbox from HYPE Filter, but Joyce Muniz in Austria has kicked off her fab podcast mix off with it, so if you want to have a listen to Ya Mahla, have a listen to Joyce:


It's good isn't it? I do like my dance music with an eastern flavour, I mean, flava, and this will fit in with all of my Disco Halal stuff, and some of the secret Amor Fati tunes. I reckon an imaginary West Brom fan outside Loftus Road would probably give this a score of 10/10, and do you know what? I will too: 10/10 for Acid Arab!

Ya Mahla feat. Wael Alkak by Acid Arab is out on Wednesday 23 November 2022 on Crammed Discs.

I reckon you should just keep refreshing this page until appears for salecrammed-discs.bandcamp
Follow Acid Arab on Instagram
Follow Crammed Discs on Twitter and on Instagram

NEXT

Although I've only ever seen them DJ once, DRESDEN are my all-time favourite DJ duo. Here's a really cool picture I drew of them 2 minutes ago:


It's good, isn't it? Some people don't believe me when I say I got an E grade for my GSCE in Art.

I might do this every week: drawings of DJs. It's better than me just giving every promo I get sent a 10/10. It might spice up the blog a bit.

Anyway, DRESDEN are returning to Corsica Studios in December for a massive all night 10/10 mash up. Big style! Expect the unexpected, loads of good dance music and come with a big plastic bag to dump all of your scruples in. Leave the bag in a bin outside the club before you go in and retrieve your scruples out of the bin after you've finished in the club. Once you've got your scruples back, return to your normal life and live it to the max. Big style!

Here's what they sounded like the last time they played there:


Sounds good, doesn't it?

DRESDEN at Corsica Studios is on Saturday 10 December 2022 (my sister's birthday).

Buy tickets hereDRESDEN at Corsica Studios
Follow DRESDEN on Instagram
Follow Corsica Studios on Twitter and on Instagram


One more thing to talk about. My very dear friend, Man2.0 (real name Mandy Toot), has kindly asked me to provide a guest mix for his Embryonic Soundwave radio show on Voices Radio. I don't know why he's asked me, to be honest. I'm not a proper DJ.

No, I tell a lie. I played at Sundissential for Madders once in 2001 and I've done the odd wedding and 40th birthday party in the last few years. I've got a 1TB external hard disk ramma jamma full of good stuff across all genres, so if anyone reading this wants to book me, get in touch. I'm brilliant, have a good sense of humour and am very easy to work with:


So, tune in tomorrow night at 11pm to hear me talk EXCLUSIVELY about my current favourite track, one of my own tracks and my all-time favourite track of all time. It's all about tracks.


That's quite a good video, isn't it? Voices Radio is fab, and all. Get behind it with all of your might, especially at 11pm on Thursday 10 November 2022.

It's gonna be a 10/10 kind of show...or your money back.

Embryonic Soundwave with Man2.0 feat. 3 From Best Promos is on Thursday 10 November at 11pm - midnight.

Follow Man2.0 on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Voices Radio on Twitter and on Instagram
Listen to it all the timevoicesradio.co.uk

I think I'm done now. I'll be back next week with some more DJ drawings and maybe a bit of dance music merchandise for the run up to Christmas...

...bye.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...