Friday, November 3, 2023

Fun Time Friday: Volume 69

Earlier this year I got chummy with a chap in The Beatles (Ringo Starr) and he very kindly hosted the very first Radio Ruislip radio show, which is still the highest rated radio show in Ruislip. We met in a nearby Screwfix, he complimented me on my new trainers and I told him that he was brilliant in Thomas The Tank Engine. We hit it off like a couple of massive lump hammers.

Now, if you've not been living under a rock for the last 24 hours (I love that phrase! LOL) you'll have seen that The Beatles have released a new song called Now And Then. It's a bit boring, and everyone is pretending that they think it's the best thing they've ever heard, and Ringo anticipated this response and sent me the stems of Now And Then ages ago. He emailed them to me in July with a simple message: "Make us a banger, lads. Peace and love. Peace and love."

And thus, and then and there and that is how Best Promos became to be to be the official remixer of The Beatles. Not Erol Alkan, not Four Tet ("4 Tits", I call him) and not Armand Van Helden. Me. Best Promos. Remixing The Beatles.

If John and George were alive today, they'd be so proud of me.

Have a listen and tell me it's not better than the boring original:


It's good, isn't it? I also need to send a big up to Gazza for providing additional vocals and vibes. Cheers Paul. Come on.

Anyway, Best Promos is not all about me, it's about promos. The best ones. Let's have a listen to some.


Last month, DJ Scuba sent me a red record and some stickers and I promised to listen to it and then feature it on Best Promos. And that is what I'm doing now.

Hardcore Heaven II is the follow up to Hardcore Heaven I, also by Scuba, and it's absolutely brilliant.

Have a listen to the clips on Soundcloud:

It's good, isn't it? It's good, and I'm actually rubbing your faces in it because you can't actually buy this in the shops or download it anywhere. It's a vinyl only release and it's all sold out, so get stuffed!

My favourite track is Tru Love because of the high-pitched vocals, but again, you can't get hold of this release anywhere, so me going on about it is only going to make you more angry and resentful of Best Promos for owning this record when you never, ever will.

Ever.

Hardcore Heaven II is everything The Prodigy was trying to be in the early 90s and so much more. It gets a WHOPPING 10/10 from the team here at Best Promos.

You can't buy it hereHardcore Heaven II | Scuba (bandcamp.com)
Follow Scuba on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Hotflush on Twitter and on Instagram

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

50% off everything today only at Hotflush Bandcamp
Use code nov50 for digital items!

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Who else do I like? Hmm.

Dispersion PR. They're usually sound people...
...
...
...
...Woah! Say whaaaaa?! Radio Slave has remixed Mouth to Mouth by Audion?? You're joking?!


I’ll always remember the first time I heard Mouth To Mouth. It was September 2006, and I was partying with friends in Berghain at a Cadenza party. Luciano was playing upstairs in the Panorama Bar to a packed dance floor, and I had one of those “what the cowing hell is this” moments when he dropped Mouth to Mouth. It just sounded so unique and absolutely destroyed the dance floor, and I left the club thinking I need this record.

To me, Mouth to Mouth always sounded like a disco record. It’s like Matthew took Funky Town to Detroit, and I think Radio Slave has created a version that has that vibe; modern and with a rich analogue sound. The entire track sounds to me like it was recorded using hardware. I think Radio Slave has added vocals, and I bet it's going to be great fun road-testing this at the club where I first heard Mouth to Mouth 17 years ago. In 2006. In Berghain.


Hang on a minute, after writing that, I had a look at the PR notes and Radio Slave shares almost 100% of my own sentiments on the record! Great minds!

Radio Slave Vs Audion - Mouth to Mouth is so good that I'm going to give it a score of 10/10. Unbelievable record, guys!

Follow Radio Slave on Twitter and on Instagram
Follow Audion/Matthew Dear on Twitter and on Instagram

Oh. One more thing. Somehow, a live recording of one of our infamous No Requests parties in an unused Ruislip warehouse was leaked onto the Internet last week. I'm not happy that this was recorded and shared because we operate a strict no Dictaphone policy on the door. Someone has obviously snuck one in up their arse because my bouncers are very thorough when it comes to patting down.


This was a really bad post, but I've not done anything for a month, so the first one back is always going to be a bit rubbish. I'll be back next week with MORE and MORE and MORE reviews.

Definitely.

Email me: BestPromos4Eva@gmail.com
Tweet me@BestPromos4Eva
Instagram me/bestpromos4eva/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Time Friday Part VII

Well, it's that time of the week again (Friday) where I can't really be bothered to write a thousand words on here, but do need to k...